07-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #333
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
They are indeed a bunch of stupid, lazy dumb a$$holes who take us for idiots. After all the changes to my car there is no way in hell that the noise level is as loud as before... But i was essentially being told that's the way the car is.

Dont accept the bullcrap.

Btw frogman did you get your doors adjusted?

Oh... One interesting tidbit i will share with you is that when i took my car in two days ago to have the creaky exhaust diverter valve replaced, they noted on my report that the sound proofing i applied on the wheel arch is a non BMW soundproofing part and may be a fire risk.

The verbal explanation was that the turbo hose gets really hot in summer, so i need to be sure the material used is fire proof. Not an issue in winter (which is our current season down under).

F@ck me man. That thin plastic sh!t wheel arch is directly under the turbo hose.... So is that going to melt and catch fire too?

Anyway i will remove a small section, but they need to look at the materials they use!

Interesting that they were hunting around under the bonnet to identify this when they were supposed to be fixing the exhaust.
Yes, I had the doors adjusted, but it didn't reduce the noise at all...

I was worried about the turbo / exhaust heat too.

I got that firewall soundproofing material for the arches. I checked the surface temps after a long hot drive, and it was fine; I could keep my hand on the material and it was cool enough to touch.

I also put the firewall material in the engine facing side of the foam on the left and right side brake line access holes for the same reason.

I'm going to play around the drivers window a bit this weekend, there have been some good suggestions on this thread to see if I can reduce it some more.

I'm actually really close to being ok with the noise level, I just a little bit less
swooshing / buffeting noise around my left ear (Left Hand Drive) and I'll be happy.
Appreciate 0