View Single Post
      07-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #335
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

I think one of the biggest issues is the fact that the glass seems to really transmit a lot of noise from the outside. You may simply be hearing the noise generated by the air rushing over the car. Has anyone mic'd the glass on an F30 and compared it to glass on previous generations. The engineers need to get creative in their quest to keep the weight down. I personally have noticed that I can hear quite a bit of environmental noise when parked with the windows closed.

And I don't think dealers take everyone for an idiot by default. Anything that has to do with someone's individual perception is very difficult to deal with. It's basically Goldilocks syndrome. If scores of people come in with the exact same issue then it might go somewhere. But in the grand scheme of things a 16 page thread on a forum is a terribly small sample. Do a roll call and see exactly how many people are actually experiencing it. It's not 16 pages worth.

And no, I'm not defending the dealers universally. Some are tools. But they all aren't.
Appreciate 0