View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #19
WonderWoman
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 328XI MW F3O

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan
1) The track advance button on the radio is the one button I use the most, and it's the furthest away from the driver.

2) The geometry between the pedals, seat, steering wheel, instrument cluster and rear-view mirror make it difficult for me to sit comfortably with good visibility inside and outside the car.

3) Under certain lighting conditions, the non-illuminated instruments are difficult to read quickly.

4) The engine is too quiet. Which is fine for cruising but it'd be nice to have a better sense of engine revs during acceleration.

5) Analog speedo. I know its tradition, but after living with a digital speedo for a decade it's amazing how much more readable the digital style is. (I do realize that the HUD includes a digital speedo but I don't have that package.)

6) The bass response of the standard radio is... "flubby" is the word I use. There's no punch, no impact. Just a whole lot of mid/low-frequency ressonance where there shound instead be kick, and an over-amplification of a narrow range of low frequencies. Great for talk radio and classical music, but sucks for my electronica.
I agree with you on not being able to read the non illuminated parts easily in certain lighting, as well as engine being a bit quiet and the bass.

I've heard that you need to 'break the sound system in' I've had the car for about three weeks, sort of hearing a difference from the first day till now but nothing big yet. When it comes to the sound of the engine, get rid of the resonator and you'll get more grunting from the exhaust. Replace the portion with a straight pipe.
Appreciate 0