03-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #224
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckimmel View Post
Wouldn't you think that the BMW brand holds value better, so that they are more interested in having their cars back on the used lot than Audi.? I am pretty sure I have heard BMW described in marketing circles as "the most valuable brand in the world".

The BBS were a strange one year thing I guess. I ordered the car not knowing what was going to come on it. I was told that the wheels might be different, but might not.. basically submitted the order prior to being able to spec it out. I wanted the Avus that our 2001.5 had, but it showed up with BBS CH brand new with just a few miles on it. I didn't like them all that well and didn't feel like they complemented the style overall. They were really hard to clean and the brake dust was awful. I loved that car though and will always have a soft spot for the S4.

I much preferred the Breyton GTS I put on my last 335.

They tried to get me to pay $1003 per month lease when we first walked into the finance office and my credit was good. I stood up and said forget it, so they "came down" to the $900 per month. The car was only 55g at that time.
It's a pretty well known fact that BMWFS artificially inflates their residuals to lease more cars. It's just a different business model. As to "brand value", this is different than used car value - I thought apple was the most "valuable brand" but I could be wrong. I would argue that the large supply of used BMW's (due to subsidized leasing) drives down the value of a used BMW. From what I've read it's *very* hard to get out of a BMW lease, because the actual value is less than the residual.