View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #571
kirklander
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F-10

I test drove a Mercedes E350 and a C350 in the weekend on that same roads where I notice vibrations on my F30. None of these cars have any vibration. E350's steering is very soft compared to C350. It is even softer than F30's Eco mode. No vibration at all.

If you get over the steering wheel issue assuming BMW fixes it, Mercedes and Audi is no match for BMW. BMW has better engine, better gas mileage ( for HP ). The parking radar is beautiful and you also get the bird's eye view with the cameras. Cruise control is on the steering wheel so you don't accidentally hit it when turning on the signals. Mercedes has the engine, but lack good parking sensor system ( very important for me). Audi is totally over-priced for engine/HP ratio ( I feel cheated ).

If BMW cannot fix the issue, I am not going to buy a new Mercedes or Audi at this point. I will just re-invest the money and keep driving my previous car. I am biting my tounge not to buy a BMW because I was treated by the dealer and BMWNA. Hopefully Mercedes and Audi will catch up in terms of technology within 2014.

PS1 : Front display HUD is very nice on BMW. If you get it, I advice you get the speed limit info. It is very accurate and complements the HUD. It is going to save you from tickets. Mercedes doesn't have this feature on any car yet.

PS2 : Audi A6 looks promising for me. I may not need to wait till 2014.

Last edited by kirklander; 10-22-2012 at 02:29 AM..
Appreciate 0