View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #160
hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames View Post
Quite an elitist statement again right there.

And as the ATS' target customer who has owned cars in this segment since 1994 I'm quite qualified to say it has no reason to exist on grounds I've stated many times long before you ever brought your conceited and arrogant point of view here.

It's too small for a Cadillac owner. It's too bland for an Audi owner. It's too old for anyone under 50. It's a humiliating step-down for a BMW or Mercedes owner. Like the Cimmaron, it's a car for no one.

When are you getting your ATS, chief. Yup, thought so.

BJ

interesting thing about your point. i think part of what dooms the ATS is that well its a cadillac. i've sat in it and it seemed ok. it seems too expensive. it seems that normal caddy buyers wont buy it. but from what i've read its at least a decent drive.

The crazy thing is if the ATS were made by say ... acura, and had say 2005 acura styling but 2012 cadillac chassis and drive train it'd probably sell really well (well lets pretend it cost acura TL money).

unfortunately it is made by cadillac and all the preceptions that go with it. I am not even saying its better than a BMW or an audi or whatever (since it most likely is not and its actually not even priced competitively lease or purchase), but cadillac's problem is its cadillac in a lot of things.

supposedly the next camaro might be based on this chassis, and for say $25k. the chassis might actaully be a real class leader there, and be headed for the right demographic.

Last edited by hans007; 11-06-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 0