11-06-2012, 06:49 AM   #162
Reznick
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 ,01 330,M240?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
interesting thing about your point. i think part of what dooms the ATS is that well its a cadillac. i've sat in it and it seemed ok. it seems too expensive. it seems that normal caddy buyers wont buy it. but from what i've read its at least a decent drive.

The crazy thing is if the ATS were made by say ... acura, and had say 2005 acura styling but 2012 cadillac chassis and drive train it'd probably sell really well (well lets pretend it cost acura TL money).

unfortunately it is made by cadillac and all the preceptions that go with it. I am not even saying its better than a BMW or an audi or whatever (since it most likely is not and its actually not even priced competitively lease or purchase), but cadillac's probably is its cadillac in a lot of things.

supposedly the next camaro might be based on this chassis, and for say $25k. the chassis might actaully be a real class leader there, and be headed for the right demographic.
& there you have it perfectly. People have an idea of what this car is but the last time they were in a Cadillac was the 80's. A lot has changed since then and people will dismiss it without even trying. Its a shame.A test drive won't cost you anything , so why not?But in the end it wouldn't matter because some people already have their mind made up and nothing will change that.
The title of the video is just plain stupid. (ATS a 3 series Killer!!) but i don't remember 1 person on this forum that said the ATS , is a 3 SERIES KILLER , just that its a very good car that shouldn't be dismissed

Last edited by Reznick; 11-06-2012 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: added
Appreciate 0