inChargeOfIT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybbiz34 View Post
Side Note:

Now that there are multiple tuning options available for the F30 (and there certainly will be more rolling out in the coming months), there will be an increase in debate and discussion regarding the merits of each tune.

We absolutely want to see thoughtful, lively, and in-depth debate regarding the various tunes that are available for either the N55 or the N20. That's what the N55 Turbo Engine/Drivetrain/Exhaust Modification sub-forum is for, after all.

That said, there will NOT be a repeat of the tuner wars that occurred back in '07 when the N54 made its much-heralded debut. People have different wants/needs when it comes to choosing a tune. Some people want maximum power, some are more risk averse and are content with less power (knowing that there is absolutely no possibility of any warranty hassle), and some people are willing to pay $X whereas others will only shell out $Y . . .

Bottom line: You can have a difference of opinion regarding the available tunes. And you can openly express that opinion.

Just respect another man's choice. You're simply not going to convince someone that your tune is better and that his is worse because ultimately, what is better is subjective. Impossible you say? How can you argue with dyno runs and slip times? "That's hard data and the numbers don't lie!"

My response: It's simply not solely about the numbers. As I've made clear, other considerations, aside from raw data, contribute significantly to someone's choice of tune.

I've stated elsewhere that the only track my car will ever see has left and right turns. My car will see some time as a daily driver, too. I don't need to be the fastest car on the road because the fact of the matter is, there is always someone faster.

Carry on.
Logic and reason?

How dare you sir.
Appreciate 0