01-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
F30Alpine
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoi View Post
Ask them if they can remove the DMV fee so you can do the title registration yourself.
This way you'll only have to pay the 90 to DMV and save the 200 to BMW.
Cant remove DMV fee on leased or financed car. Its a bank requirement for dealer to make sure vehicle is registered therefore unless youre paying cash then youre stuck with dealer reg fees. Even when you pay cash or have a dealer whos willing to take the risk of violating bank terms (and loss of addl profit) by letting you register they wont release the car until you come back with registration and license plates.

They really dont make much if any money on this, the reason it seems higher is because they have to charge you for the temp and they use a titling agency to register the car as opposed to sending someone down to the DMV. NJ dealer do not have plates, have to use titling agency. I think the confusion is that you are in NY, where the law allows dealers to act as their own private service bureau and have plates on hand there by eliminating need for temp tags, titling agency fees etc. Its also why you pay $250 to register a car in NY @ a NY dealer and $399 to register a car in NJ @ a NJ dealer.
Long story short. He was a huge black male. Probably 6'2" or taller and 250 lbs. He was angry as hell, and I am a tiny 5'4 white male. So, I did the only thing I could, I threw my car into reverse and no one was behind me, and I drove thru the red light as I went around him.
Appreciate 0