11-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #135
DarkTrigger
Professional
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob23 View Post
Is the deposit actually refundable? According to the document it's non-refundable, and the "purchase agreement" that I signed has to pull some legal weight, no?

I'm in a somewhat similar situation, where I already put down a 1k deposit on an ordered 335 and think I got a somewhat mediocre deal - college grad + holiday incentive priced at 1k over invoice + 190 dealer fees. I was thinking a 335 allocation would be harder to come by, but reading posts here makes me think otherwise...
The deposit is refundable. You could always make crap up like you lost your job and all the dealerships are very sympathetic. Plus, you could always talk to the GM to get it back.

You can always negociate a better deal while they have your deposit. Your deal sounds fair though, as long as it's 1k over invoice BEFORE USAA rebate. If they are also willing to eat the MACO score then even better (you have to make sure they'll eat this before hand or they'll bring it up during the final purchase time, just ask for Out the door price)

by the way, you are correct, the 335i is very scarce on dealer lots. I had to order mine as they had none at the dealership.
Appreciate 0