View Single Post
      01-08-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
styles997
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330d Msport

330d m sport so far...

I joined the forum a little ago when I had a collection date finalised. I really wanted to spec a new car build and have xenons and h/k sound. I was talked into having a car that was already built in the country and there was little choice on colour or specs. I took a fairly base spec one with heated seats, full pro nav and 19's. But with a heavy discount to tempt me.
800 odd miles in and I am very impressed. I wouldn't have chosen the nav, but the whole pro kit is bloody impressive and I'm now I'm glad I have it. I went from an e46 330ci and I really do miss the HK sound - standard seems ok but gets drowned out when the car is moving with road noise and the system runs out of puff to overcome this. Xenons I can live without but people keep commenting on how impressive the adaptive ones are! Damn you, keep quiet!
I've fitted the black grilles and had it professionally detailed and protected as the dealers should never really touch a cars paint when they haven't a clue!
I was looking at the 320 and then ended up testing the 30, expensive drive as I was then won over. The car feels a lot heavier than my previous and far less sharp to drive, but that's partly due to the goodyears it came with - not a fan. I thought all German cars used Pirelli or bridgestones? I'm actually looking forward to changing them. (anyone not get on with their pirellis or bridgestones?) haha.
The brakes although plenty powerful enough do seem to need a little more leg to pull up quickly.

I really wish the dealer would code the start stop to default off as its pants and annoying and not what a big diesel engine needs!
Economy is great and a nice break from filling the 330ci up all the time, but it doesn't sound as good lol.

Super impressed with the auto box as I was a little apprehensive of old autos I've owned. Been running it in manual for the last 100 odd miles to compare fuel usage and it's marginally better as you can preempt traffic and use a little more engine braking.

So far, very happy BMW customer. I looked at the m performance spoilers at the same time as the black grille but decided against it. The plastic one painted is the same price as the carbon one at nearly £400! Too dear and carbon would look funny IMO
Appreciate 0