View Single Post
      06-13-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

I thought the two videos were going to be different, but they're not.

I think the reviewer did a great job objectively comparing the two cars, with the possible exception of the seats/seat coverings. The Audi he reviewed came with ultrasuede seats, so his comments were based on that. Audi does, however, offer red, leather seats, and they cost less than BMW's also optional red leather seats.

What I want to know is, what Audi feature makes it go from being one inch taller when standing still to about 1/2 shorter when driving down that canyon road?

Based solely on what I saw in the video, I'd be more inclined to buy the S4. Based on the fact that the "lines" approach BMW have gone to pisses me off to no end (especially when I heard that folks in Europe can still pick and choose what bits they way on their cars, for example, Lux line + sport seats), I am 98% certain I won't buy an F30 for myself. I think I'll wait for the BMW coupe, but it sounds like the S4 is the better driver's car, at least for the guy in the video.

Finally, it's really surprising that BMW managed to come out with a brand new model 335i that, like its predecessor, is inferior, as a driver's car, to its closest competitor, which is not an all-new vehicle. If one needed further evidence that BMW plan to take the 3er in a different direction -- away from being the premier, compact, sport sedan -- one has it. As it stands right now, it seems I'll be replacing (when the time comes in five or six years) my e92 with a 1er or an Audi if the F32 follows character of the F30.

(Perhaps the coupes are getting a different number because they will be more sport focused.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0