View Single Post
      08-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #2
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocohead View Post
Frustrated by the lack of available track pads for our cars, I ordered a set of OEM pads and plan to send them off to CarboTech to make me a set. On my Evo X I used their RP2 compound and was absolutely thrilled with the performance. I have used other pads and compounds, but how the pad releases from the rotor is important and this compound is just perfect. It even bites well cold. Plus I did not get a ton of pad transfer like I got with the Hawk products so there was absolutely no juddering.

This is not a street pad at all - too much dust and WAY too much noise. But with a MOT of 1650F they take quite a bit of abuse and keep gripping. Plus they showed almost no signs of wear after four track weekends!

Does anybody else want to get a set while CT has my backing plates to use as a template?

For people looking for more stopping power on the street, take a look at the CT 1521 street pad. This was my daily pad on my Evo and I loved them. Less dust than stock (but probably more than our OE pads), no noise and great pedal feel. I autocrossed on them a couple of times and they held up fine.
That's a good idea. Brake pads always take forever on the aftermarket. Heck Hawk still doesn't even have pads for the F10 5 series yet!
Appreciate 0