Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
My 09 135i didn't have any burble because it was an MT.
The AT's had it.

The updated firmware RUINED my 135i's throttle response though.
From new until the update, throttle response was pretty good.
After the update, mid range response was gone, flat.
In 3rd at around 4K, I would go WFO and there would be a nearly 1 second delay in the engine responding. It sucked big time. Before the update response was much quicker.
Also after the update, in mid-high rpm in turns, throttle response was awful.
It wasn't turbo lag, but it felt like it. It was simply a delayed response to throttle input at higher rpm.

My guess was BMW did it as a band aid, thinking it might slow down HPFP failure by not giving full instant power on demand. Rather, full power sort of "ramped up" with larger throttle application.
The update was done before BMW figured out the HPFP problem.
But, they never reversed the throttle delay that came with that update.
Instead they came out with the PPK, which most people reporting that throttle response improved.
I think the PPK software simply gave back what the update took away, and BMW promoted the PPK as a performance enhancer.
I called it a "bait and switch". I paid for the performance I had when the car was new. Then BMW neutered the throttle response and then wanted more money to install software that gave back the response, along with a power boost. Really pissed me off.

Throttle response in my 335i is excellent in "sport" and "sport+".
In "comfort" mode response is too slow requiring a larger pedal application to get the ECU to give more power.
With my current "sport mode config", my "chassis" settings are sport, but throttle and trans shift mode are in "comfort".
The adaptive suspension gives that option, but I really do want BMW to release software to allow us to select throttle response separately.
Ideally we should be able to select the mode for steering, throttle, suspension, and trans operation, and then save that as a default.
The ability to do that is already in place, BMW simply has to program the system to give us a screen where each item can be selected.

BMW! I'm still waiting! And, I think I'll be waiting 3 years from now when it's time for a new car. It's so freaking easy to do and a very logical way to do it. I still can't fathom this glaring oversight. They promote giving us driver selectable driving modes, but it's still very restrictive as to what we can actually select.
Yes, I'll continue to harp about this, because it's so freaking illogical in how BMW implemented driving "modes".
When did they figure out the HPFP issue? I thought the was the N55 lol As far as I still read the issures are there even on the 2010's.