Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi A5 Cab and Jag XJ

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
HI Jrinns,

Given you've been driving BMWs for a while (and presumably, that you like them), I'd hesitate on buying an Audi if I were you. They're a totally different drive to Beemers and it's down to taste as to which you prefer.

Take a look at this review of the Audi A6 3.0 BiTDI quattro in Autocar.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...-bitdi-quattro

Apart form the usual comments about the Audi drive being bit sterile, they also suggest you need to spec it up a fair bit to get a halfway decent drive.

Given your space requirements, it might be worth test driving a 535d and then pushing your dealer on price against the Audi. If you can't get a sensible deal, you could look at a nearly new 535d.

Each to their own, but driving an Audi is the polar opposite of most BMWs. Worth pausing before you go ahead.
To be honest im approaching 40 and the a relaxing drive with power on tap and gadgets is my most important . All cars at a 40k price point will be nice to drive, a spirited drive and being at one with the car is ok for an m3 but for a motorway mile muncher then its take it or leave it. Got an a6 for a day on friday and if its not relaxing to drive then its gone. Tooks the wifes manual a5 to manchester last night and my back and arse killed. Think its the offset pedals , may not be noticable on an auto, but if it is then a lower powrr bmw may be the way forward or the merc. Friday is d day for me, before that though i will nip intomthe bmw dealers
+ 1 more undecided.
Appreciate 0