Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W12x View Post
Toyota make good solid cars, I think it deserves to be the top automotive brand.

Mercedes, not so sure, I think they are not as great as they once were, but IMO they are still the best in the full size luxury sedan (S-Class), and doing great in commercial vehicles.

Overall, I'd say Mercedes brand should be more valuable than BMW if you count their commercial vehicles, if just passenger vehicles, than BMW before Mercedes.
Respectfully, I can't agree with you on Toyota... there's not a month that goes by here in Canada which we don't hear about massive recalls for faulty components...Toyota & even Lexus!
I agree with you on the M-B though...it surprises me how they've been able to hold up despite their crappy models and cars in the past few years...
I think M-B is now focusing on exterior design more than before which is positive...however, they have COMPLETELY missed the boat on interior design...you would know what I mean if you take a look at their all new CLA dashboard design! Their new E's exterior design looks ok (rear very much copied from BMW horizontal design!)

But you are certainly right...M-B is banking on their heavy duty vehicles and that's where they make money...leave that only to their cars, and they'd be eating bimmer's dust from miles away!
anyways...it's always a disappointment to see BMW behind M-B!!!
Appreciate 0