Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90
Quote:
Originally Posted by malc410326 View Post
To the OP: I would recommend the Xenons. It is one aspect of the F30 that really sets it apart from the other cars on the road (of course in addition to MANY, MANY other factors as well. haha!). Whenever I pass other Bimmers with the AE's, it really does catch one's attention on the road (just as Audi's 'lazy eyes' do as well...).

These three options were critical in my personal decision to move forward with the premium package. The Comfort Access is truly a 'must-have' feature for me in future car (Bimmer) purchases. I thought comfort access would be just a novelty, but it really does make the Bimmer experience that much better. Having to just slip your hand in the door handle to unlock the vehicle, having a 'biometric' type way to lock the vehicle, the 'kick-open' trunk, etc....are just little things that go a long way to appreciate the tech in our F30s. Since I didn't have Sports seats in my Luxury Line F30, Lumbar support gives me added comfort for my lower back on those long drives (still have yet to take a long road trip, but in the planning stage now.....). And the Power front seats with driver seat memory is a HUGE thing for me since my wife & I split time driving the Bimmer. It saves my wife and I time from having to adjust the seats and such each time we have to use the car....
I find BMW's decisions on what is in a package to be very odd.
Comfort access is part of the prem pkg., but not xenons?
Comfort used to be a $500 option.

Also, why wouldn't a near luxury/luxury car come with power seats standard? It's silly. It's standard in the 335i, but not in the 328i.

To get a split folding rear seat you either option it separately, or you get the "cold weather" pkg. Split fold should be standard.

The things I think should be standard on a 328i and 335i:
This is in comparison to the competition.
Power seats
Sunroof
Dimming mirrors
Xenons
Blue tooth
Split folding rear seats
-That covers the basics. Some would argue that leather should be standard, but we know it's pricey in the 3 and would push the base price too high to compete with it's competition at least in terms of advertising price.

Or, just put those in "luxury" pkg. and have a "luxury + leather" pkg that adds leather to the above. The idea is that those items come standard in many competing "luxury/near luxury" cars.

Also, the "comfort access" thing is becoming standard in non luxury cars, or it's very low cost. That option could be part of the above pkgs as well.
Pretty much agree.

However, I don't understand why so many buyers crave power seats. I've had them on cars before but once I set the seats - that's it. No need for power when I rarely change the setting.

I guess other buyers actually let other people sit in their babies...

In the UK, if you drop the power seats option, you could have xenons (on any line...)

I'll get my coat.

Last edited by arnsbrae; 05-08-2012 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0