View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #213
The Economist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by movietub View Post
Excellent choice! The 335i is just as sophisticated and clever as the 328i, yet it benefits from the fact that 6 cylinders is at heart, better than a 4 pot.

The thread asked who the 335i was aimed at, and you have just answered. It's aimed at the shrinking minority of people that can still tell and appreciate the difference between 4 and 6
You're right, Sir. Didn't really think of it that way. The inline six is so iconic for this automaker, and, this being my very first BMW, how could I live with myself to compromise? I knew that every time I would see a 335 in the street, I'd regret it. So, here I am...

Not a big deal - there are different sensitivities for different people; some of them not logical at all. For example, I went with the M-Sport because I really loved the steering wheel (well, I also wanted the M-Sport brakes and adaptive suspension which require the package in Canada)... but, that was the main consideration (I found out later you can simply just add it as a special order for $400). Another example: I would have seriously considered the ATS, but the gauge cluster is so absurdly hideous in its design, that I wrote off the car completely... just because of that. Otherwise, I'm sure it's a fine automobile - but f*ck me running, there's no way I'm going to sit behind the wheel and stare at that gauge cluster for the next x years... no way.
Appreciate 0