View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #34
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

How many people here have ever been on a road course, let alone brought their BMW?

There are a lot of changes that will make a car faster on a road course. Grippier tires (which will wear faster), stiffer suspension, less weight, more aggressive brake pad compounds, etc

99.9% of BMW's however, will never see a road course - so while you could easily outfit your car for the track, it doesn't make sense to put those all into a daily driver. People already are pissed at the M-sport's more aggressive brake compounds because they are more likely to squeal.

They praise the car for it's drivability and consistency, which is something you can appreciate in the day to day.

Once you decide you want a track rat, that's when you go out and buy an E36, strip it to the core, and take it out for an HPDE.

My Vette was track prepped and my wife refused to ride in it. The exhaust sounded like a boat, the brake pads squeeled like a school bus when they were cold, and the ride felt like your spine would shake loose. But that's what you get for going around turns fast.