02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #106
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
I don't exactly agree with most of that.
Do all NFL teams have some talent? Yes. Do they all have close to the same amount of talent? No way. Those things you mentioned about the o-line blocking, QB finding the safety, etc might be partially about execution, but the talent still has to be there. A talented QB will find the safety and execute... a lesser talented QB won't. The lesser talented guy might know how to execute a certain throw, but without the physical/football talents, he won't actually be able to do it. You often see teams filled with really good players that can execute, and those with average players can't steadily execute... rarely do you see it the other way around.

Which of the Ravens' 6 losses were 'crappy' teams?? Eagles, yes. All of the rest were teams that made the playoffs. Well, Pittsburgh wasn't... but they could play each other with records of 0-15 and 15-0 and the and there would still be no clear favorite.
yeah you do make sense in the sense of a talented player being able to execute more easily than a lesser player. I guess my biggest point to show how evenly balanced most NFL teams are the difference between the 2010 49ers and the 2011/12 49ers. The rosters were nearly identical, however the biggest change was in the coaching staff. A new Offensive, Defensive, and head coach were able to get the most out of their players. Specifically Alex Smith. He went from a bust to a VERY efficient passer and in the NFC divisional round against the saints, someone who could actually carry a team in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0