Rep
Drives: F82 CP (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Tiberius
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Bone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
I actually like the lines. I don't like chrome and I love the interior of the sport line with the black and red. I say BMW know what they are doing when they created these lines.
With all due respect, "what they were doing" was to create a clever way to extract an extra $2,000 from almost every 3-series buyer without incurring any significant additional expense and without delivering any additional value, other than the 17" to 18" wheel upgrade! And to make matters worse, this has served to severely limit the options available to the buyer, causing most buyers to have to compromise from what they really want.

Don't get me wrong--I'm really glad that you were able to get car that you love within the confines of what the Sport Line offers, but for most of us, we're spending around $50K on a car and are unable to configure it exactly the way we want... Not to mention getting robbed for an extra $2K, just for the "privilege" of having access to the options we want!

Sorry for the rant... It's just that I've been a BMW enthusiast for nearly 20 years, I'm about to order an F30, and it's seriously annoying that I can't get exactly what I want for no reason other than a profit-boosting scheme.

Now, onto the weekend...
True. I was initially very frustrated with the "line" concept because I like wood trim in the interior with sport suspension. Now that I have my brushed aluminum with high gloss black and Everest grey leather, I'm actually pleased that I expanded my horizons, even if it was forced. Still not a fan of the restrictions imposed by the line concept, but it definitely worked out for me in the end!

Ha, ha. We should swap trims!!

Last edited by PrinceBarin; 03-09-2012 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0