02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #33
ckimmel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Ltd

Garage List
White?

Initially when I started to do a build for my 335, I was building estoril with the m sport package. My last 335 was montego with grey interior and I loved it then, but wished the interior were less boring. I am not too excited about the m sport package, because I feel that m parts belong on m cars. Anyhow, I liked the color combo of estoril with coral red interior, but I am a 35 year old dentist and despite being fun, I want to be more low key these days.

So, I looked at other colors. My wife loves white, the alpine white that is. WHite is soooo boring though. I didn't much like it AT ALL, UNTIL I put the red seats in it. At that point it hit me. I couldn't find another color combo that looked more elegant while retaining a sporty demeanor. Unlike other colors white also has the advantage of being able to blend in when you don't want to attract attention, the down side is the opposite of that statement. Pairing the white with the sport package gave a lot of high contrast black and then I carried the gloss black in through the interior instead of the aluminum trim to complete the effect. The red from the tail lights is repeated in the seats which are visible from the outside. THe whole car is basically only three very clean high contrast and bold colors. It should be very sharp and tasteful. All in all though, I feel the coral red interior will make the car, not the exterior color.

Oh, and I don't think I will tint either. Gotta show those seats off.

Last edited by ckimmel; 02-02-2013 at 11:59 AM.. Reason: tint
Appreciate 0