10-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #186
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Gotcha. Have you got your JB tune in yet? I hear what you're saying about the handling but what about performance/power wise compared to the M? Huge difference?

On my M I never got around to the power mods so it was basically stock in that regards. As such the F30 definietly feels faster but whether or not that is due to the onslaught of torque from the beginning of the range I can't say. It is a heck of a lot easier to get power out of her compared to the e46. Mid range is excellent. Just stab the pedal and pass. With the e46 I had to be above 6000 rpm to get that type of response.

I have the challenge downpipe w/hfc and exhaust on order and for software I'm still debating on whether to go oem upgrade with the ppk or a piggyback like JB. Heck I might even combine them just to see lol...

The only thing remotely holding me back on the piggyback is the car is a lease so I don't really want to jeopardize the engine warranty on it. People say all I need to do is get the can code clearer, remove the piggyback, and clear the codes. This is my first 'performance' turbo car so this software stuff is new to me when it comes to power adding by a simple plug in affair. Especially when I'm used to how little power is to be had modding the s54.

Still the ability to get almost 350 torques to the wheels by plugging something in is an awesome thought. There I go talking myself into it. To purchase today or not to purchase today, that is the question...
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0