09-02-2012, 07:52 AM   #2
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonic View Post
For those of you with Professional Nav and an iPhone.....

Have you tried using the "My Bmw Remote" app yet?

IIRC, it allows you to lock your car, locate it, flash headlights, send addresses and pre-condition it all via your iPhone.

Just downloaded the app myself, however it's asking for a "Connected Drive Portal" log-in ID and password.

Any of you guys started using this yet and know where we can register???
I've not tried it yet as I'm waiting for the registration details to come through. From what I can remember being told yesterday we get 3 years of BMW Assist free (if you can call the amount they charge for the Pro Nav etc free )

The dealer should register your car and then in a few days time you'll get the details through to go onto the BMW website and register there. My dealer waits until handover to allow the extra days rather than have it run out before the 3 year period ends prior to handback.

This was one of the last things that we went through so by then my head was starting to spin slightly from trying to take it all in but I think that was the general explanation

Of course, all the above could be complete nonsense and actually referred to something else entirely. By that time it was almost a case of