05-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #45
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Pretty much agree.

However, I don't understand why so many buyers crave power seats. I've had them on cars before but once I set the seats - that's it. No need for power when I rarely change the setting.

I guess other buyers actually let other people sit in their babies...

In the UK, if you drop the power seats option, you could have xenons (on any line...)

I'll get my coat.
It's mostly because this class has competition where power seats are standard. Powered seats are, or used to be seen, as luxury items and people paid extra. Now even economy cars have them.
The 335i has had standard power seats for a while, but they are not standard on the 328i. That makes no sense.

From a practical viewpoint, power seats allow for finer adjustment so that one can get exactly the position they want, or in many cases, what they need. I have a back issue and on longer trips I readjust my seats a good bit. The memory function allows the seat to go back where the driver sets is as default. Also, for married or committed people, the other half may also drive the car and powered seats allow for quicker adjustment, finer adjustment, and the memory options allows the primary driver to regain his/her setting with the touch of 1 button.
So, for this class of car it's expected, and the majority of drives of this class of car expect it to be there.
Appreciate 0