View Single Post
      12-16-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
Sharkinthewater
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M Sport

Garage List
Faulty Control Arm and Bearing / Computer Recall

I've had my car for a month, and was just coming up on 1000 miles and have noticed that my car has been veering a bit to the right even on very flat surfaces. I rightly suspected some type of alignment issue. I took my car into the dealership and got a one two punch. First I was told that there is a recall on the 2013 bmw 328i having to do with a computer update and I couldn't leave with the car. I told them about the alignment issue, and heard back the next day (when I was expecting to get my car back) that there is a major camber problem with the car and the control arm and "bearing" (ball joint?) is going to have to be shipped from Germany. Now I'm without my car for at least 7 to 10 business days.

The guy in front of me at the service center had a new 328i and had completely worn through the inside of his front tires.

Has anyone else had problems with the alignment leading to a control arm and bearing replacement? Also somewhat curious about just what is getting fixed with the computer - the dealer says they just have an error code and cant say what was wrong.

Last edited by Sharkinthewater; 12-17-2012 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0