View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #4
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdklein View Post
So I picked up my new ED 335xi last week from the dealer. When I was a few miles away I pushed the Nav button and it said to 'enter your activation code'. Hmmm??? That's not right.

Went back to the dealer and they had no clue why it wasn't working. Sent off for an activation code which didn't come until the next day. Entered it and nothing! Still wouldn't work. Drove it to the dealer on Saturday and they tried entering it 4 or 5 times. No luck (like I couldn't handle putting in a few numbers). So, brought someone to escalate to Puma (or something like that) who promised to investigate and call me back that same day. Of course they didn't! (btw, I'm probably more annoyed by them not calling then by it not working - don't promise to call if you have no intention of following through.)

Spoke to the service manager today who said they are trying to get a new code.

I know the system works since I used the Nav in Europe. Just can't get it to work here.

Annoying!
ED cars should have had the North American maps loaded and activated at the VPC on entry to the US. Are you sure the dealer didn't mess with the system? I find it nearly incomprehensible that the VPC wouldn't have done this correctly.

In my two ED experiences, the VPC was the last place where there was complete competence with and care of the cars. The dealers are hacks; they know very little and manage to spend lots of effort doing very little well.
Produced: 2018-08-15; Delivered 2018-08-22
Appreciate 0