Tengocity
General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
@Tengocity:
The Alpinas run on non run flat tyres, have a much, much better ride even on the 20" wheels which I hate the look of. If you want an LSD you can get a Quaife LSD from Birds for xDrive and sDrive cars. I also feel that the steering wheel is not as elegant as the M Sport one + the Alpina badges are very 70s in looks. Yuck. Very pricy proposition but there is a lot of hand re-building involved. It is supposed to be a brilliant drive.
I wonder how much of that improved ride quality is down to the non RFT tyres?.... They use Michelin Pilot Super sports as standard, which is what I put our Z4 on. It transformed the ride quality of that car from RFTs, and the traction is terrific- almost impossible to get the flashing yellow light on in the dry. I like the Alpina wheels and I understand they are significantly lighter than the standard BMW ones of equivalent size. I prefer the look of the 20" BMW M Performance ones though. AS I plan to keep our 335d for many years and high mileage I expect to overhaul the suspension in a couple of years time, and will probably look in to using the Alpina kit at that time.

As for the LSD, that's something I will look into quite soon hopefully. I'm quite close to Birds so would be rude not too! And if the standard 313 horses gets boring then they also do the Hartge ECU, which puts it up there with the Alpina.
Appreciate 0