View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 07:58 AM   #17
emtrey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 M235IX, 06 Carrera S, 335i

Soon to order 9th BMW ( 7 BMW plus 2 Minis) and this line setup is the most frustrating experience I have ever had spec-ing a new BMW. All in all, I think the car is terrific. I understand the new EU laws they have to abide by, but the car would be infintely more attractive w/o the hood line and I do not care for the mandatory black mirror w/ sport line unless ordering black or mineral gray, in which case, they look fine.

The inability to have certain choices available across lines is annoying. Additionally, some of there color combos are very limiting IMHO. With the new blue and bronze added to sport line you really do not have much to choose from as an interior combo.
With the bronze would you want a gray interior or red... I don't think so. So black is the only viable choice. Would you want a red trim line on the interior with a bronze car. Not good so black trim is the only choice. Can't even imagine a coral red interior on a bronze car. YIKES..

The blue is a nice color but again..what interior ? Everest Gray--kinda cold..Red--don't think so. So again, black is the only choice.

If they added new exterior colors..why not an addt'l complimentary interior color..beige, taupe, oyster?

Also, why is wood no longer "sporty" on a BMW. I have it in my 135i and its a sporty little rocket.

I will likely order the 335i ( awaiting sport package details/price) but I would like alot more flexibility. Why should I compromise for over 50k ?

BMW--remember, this is your bread and butter and your average F30 is likely going to hover around 50K. When spending 50K on a car , your customers want to build to their specs not your idea of what their specs should be. We trust you to build us a superb car to drive but aesthetics are personal choice. Let us decide what we want our car to look like. Ordering a new BMW should be exciting not frustrating.

Rant off.
Appreciate 0