View Single Post
      12-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #1
ntvnyer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 325i GT

New Guy intro and maintenance manual question

All,
I am very happy to find this forum specifically dedicated to the 3 Series GT.
My wife bought an off lease 2014 328 GT about 18 months ago and our prepaid maintenance has just run out. I am an experienced home mechanic with a fairly complete shop in my garage and I have restored, maintained and repaired all of my own cars for the past 20 years. They have mostly been M-Benz cars, but I also have an old ALFA that is a 2-3 condition car and have owned assorted VWs. I have been a fairly frequent poster and contributor on the MB and ALFA forums.
I know that most of the maintenance and repair info out there for the 3 Series applies to our cars, but also that there are significant differences as well. Is there a GT specific manual that anyone finds useful?
For example I am about to do my first at home oil and filter service and I notice that the GT does not have the access panel in the belly pan that the other 3 series cars have. I will drop the belly pan this time, but I will also fabricate a trap door to make future service easier.
This is our first BMW and I was really lukewarm abut it until we owned it for a few months. Certain things like the electric power steering, navigation interface and poor rear visibility just got on my nerves, but after a few long trips I came to appreciate the rear legroom, comfort and cargo capacity.
Anyway, it is nice to meet you all.

Nick S.
Appreciate 0