View Single Post
      10-11-2012, 01:10 PM   #84
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

If you want to go by manufacturer stated 0-60 times, the S4 is 4.9 and the 335 xdrive automatic is 4.8! I drove the S4 and now own the 335 xdrive, and they feel almost identical, ONE magazine rated the S4 at 4.4, others have been 4.5-4.7. No magazine tests on the 335 xdrive yet but I bet its around 4.5-4.6. Remember we are just talking 0-60, and the 335 has the same torque as the M3 but the Xdrive can put the power down better, so it wouldn't be shocking for it to be only 0.5 seconds slower.

Car vs Car, I would have taken a S4 if all Audi dealers weren't A$$holes, and if their lease rates or willingness to deal off MSRP were halfway decent. You see posts all the time of people getting 3 series for just over invoice and almost everyone can get it below invoice after incentives, there is no such thing with Audi, they want MSRP or close to it for the S4/S5 and will laugh at you if you even try to ask for a discount. In the end I am happy with my decision, the Estoril Blue M Sport is better looking than any color S4 exterior, interior is a toss up to me, I like idrive better than Audi's interface but the seats and steering wheel are awesome in the S4. it just came down to money and the BMW has a much lower total out of pocket expense over 3-4 years.
Appreciate 0