View Single Post
      01-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
7or8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09' 335i 6MT MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibimmer346 View Post
I have the HUD in the F10 535i. I'm going to assume it will be similar to the one in the F30. The good news is I don't really have any 'glare' problems with the HUD. There is a light sensor which changes the intensity of the display automatically depending on sun conditions and it does a very nice job.

However, you will see an outline of the whole assembly on your windshield when you drive into the sun. There's nothing you can do about that. HUD on or off won't matter, it's a reflection of the dash. In the F10, you can see the reflection whether you have the HUD option or not because the dash is the same on HUD or non-HUD cars. It's somewhat annoying.

I rarely see any light leakage on the windshield from the HUD itself. It has to be very dark and even then, the leakage is very slight. There is a brightness control in the iDrive for the HUD. And there is a button that allows you to turn it completely off.

I enjoy the HUD option. You never have to look down at your gauges to see how fast you are going ever again.
Thanks for the explanation.
Appreciate 0