shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Pretty sure there is an option to activate BMW live in the HU folders. Will check it out and see if it works.
BMW Live can be coded, but it is much easier for those with a Multimedia Combox as Opposed to a Telematics Combox, as we have here stateside. With a Telematics Combox, BMW Assist and BMW Live can not coexist, so BMW Assist needs to be removed from the VO, but without also removing Bluetooth functionality.

Beyond that, if you reside in a country where BMW Live is not offered, you have to write a European VIN # into both the CIC and Combox, and code your Combox to use the coded VIN # instead of the MOST Bus VIN # (i.e. your car's actual VIN #), as follows:

TELEMATIK_VIN = Coding_VIN /Werte=01

This fools the BMW Live Portal servers into thinking you are authorized their use.

The difficulty here is writing the VIN Numbers to the Combox and CIC. While this can easily be done on an Exx Chassis with NCS Expert, I have yet to see a way to do so in E-Sys, and Tool32 lacks a known .prg / job for doing so as well.

If you can get passed that, or you are lucky enough to have a Multimedia Combox and live in a BMW Live allowed country, then you would just Code your CIC as follows:

CONNECTED_DRIVE = aktiv / Werte=01
ONLINE_BROWSER_LIVE = aktiv / Werte=01

I think that ought to get it done.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0