View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #82
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Never experienced anything like that, I've had a N54/N55 for years that got updates. To me all of this just sounds like conspiracy theories. Of course the cars get smoother the more you develop the software, that is the evolution part.

Well, I'll just enjoy my car and the free updates (and PPK) and the rest of you can stir up conspiracy theories online. No matter what each side says here we won't come to an agreement.

Over and out!
I'm not into conspiracy theories, and I don't think that BMW intentionally detunes our cars to get us to buy "performance enhancing" software.

What I do know is that my 135i received a software update that decreased my over all performance, compared to how it ran before the update.
That's real.
Then, the PPK came out for the 135i, and one of it's benefits was better throttle response.
Thus, I can see why some think BMW did this on purpose in order to sell the upgrade.

The "burble" thing is cool, but I don't find it to be a "performance" issue.
We'll know more if a software update happens and some performance is actually lost, while a bit later we find the PPK returning some of what is taken away.

I hope it ain't true. I don't want it to be true.
Appreciate 0