12-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #107
Mike@N54Tuning.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
Installed today! Went pretty smooth. I wanted to let others know who may be in the same boat as me (MacBook Air user), that I had no troubles using the free Windows 8 Preview OS via Parallels software. Just double clicked the driver app that comes with the JB3 software (found on n54tech website), after that just found what the com number was and everything was smooth sailing from there. I did change the upload timeout to 15 seconds before i tried updating the firmware.

Got out and drove it a bit. It's 32 degrees here so i never mashed it off the line, but i could definitely tell a difference. Looking forward to the day we have nice weather again and the car has fully adapted to the tune!

EDIT: something went haywire and the engine kept dying, (got a cel and warning that engine was at half power, but it wouldn't even stay running). Of course this happened in front of the wife (she was already against the tune). Uninstalled for now and will attempt again this weekend, so disappointed.
No F30 firmware has been posted. So you probably screwed something up with the laptop if you tried to upload something? Email BMS if you need assistance.

Mike
Appreciate 0