View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #21
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
I'm still deciding if having a plate frame from your college is childish. I do want people to see that even though you went to a mediocre school you can still be successful

I would never de-badge, to me it seems like you're hiding something. Though, I've seen de-badged 328i, 335i, and M3. However, never a de-badged 6 or 7 series.
These are my thoughts exactly, I have never seen de-badged cars other than 3 series and Z3/Z4s.

Which is why I always thought people who debadge just want people to see they are driving a BMW but not think (its the cheapest BMW...).

personally I don't care and I didn't post this to offend anyone, I was just curious as to why people do it.

Also I should have put a side note on there that people on these forums are different than your typical BMW owner. Maybe most people on these forums just want the "clean" look but I think in general all the de-badged BMWs I have seen its people wanting to hide the engine they really have

the other reason I thought it was interesting how many BMWs are debadged is that I don't really see Audi's, Mercedes, or Lexus cars de-badged, at least not around Chicago.

and this thread was meant for US only buyers as Euro has a whole different culture and I would probably debadge my M3 so it doesn't get stolen over there
Appreciate 0