View Single Post
      11-03-2012, 09:48 PM   #4
c.cash
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i modern line

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Squire View Post
Your mechanic sounds like an idiot. The controller is about $100. The guts of the system is behind the dash.
Uh huh, well, I'm pretty sure he's not an idiot, but then I can't vouch for his work. He's not my mechanic, he's a co-workers husband. What I do know is that he owns a shop that repairs German cars, and that he has to order German parts every day. Do you?

He was telling me about someone who spilled whatever they were drinking all over the iDrive controller and it cost a lot of money to repair. Must've shorted out some of those guts behind the dash. As for spinning the controller too fast, if you can guarantee me that it'll only cost a couple hundred to fix, then I'll spin away.

The point of this thread is that I was wondering if there's an option to fast-scroll or jump that I wasn't aware of. Nothing in the manual. I recently read a tip about cruise control being able to jump in 5 mph increments by hitting the steering wheel control a certain way, and got me wondering if there's a way to do something similar with the thumb wheel.
Appreciate 0