Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Co/2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble- View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmQuattro View Post
I've had demonstrators, new cars, ex race (personality F1 race) and I couldn't really tell the difference.
no real issues.
I agree with the 5 year servicing - definitely worth it.
Also, carefully check the paintwork, rims and condition of the leather - wear and tear on those items aren't covered, so you need to push them to fix any issues.

I've had less trouble in the first year of ownership with my demonstrator M4 than with my new 335.
Thanks for your input, they're willing to add 4 years servicing, $320 more for 5 years of servicing.

The only damage I saw was a slight scratch/chipping near the front side of the car, picture below and major scratching on the bottom m performance front lip skirt.

Do you think I should be pushing to fix these issues?

Rims and interior are perfect.

Bought a ODBII, and no errors/warning showed up.

Doubt they would even think about fixing the lip, as it's basically a whole replacement.

I dread to think what the underside of my front lip looks like. I scrape it every time I go in and out of my garage. 2 years down and it's still on there so wouldn't be too worried by that scratching.

Still, don't ask don't get so may as well try your luck. Maybe just ask them to replace the plastic lugs if they won't replace the whole thing.

Personally, I don't think everyone thrashes demonstrators. I know I don't.
Appreciate 0