View Single Post
      11-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #20
ozorion
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 30D MSport

Garage List
So my bank managed to do a same day transfer this morning at 9am and I found out straight away so I was able to buzz my way through the rest of the day knowing that nothing else would prevent me from picking up my first BMW at 1530 this afternoon.

As it turns out, due to the invoicing mistake made by BMW, I've overpaid by nearly $6,000 - so they are in the process of organising a refund for me for the difference. My sales rep at North Shore was on leave today but he still came in on his day off to do the delivery because, in his words, I was the most excited person he had ever sold a car to and he wanted to be there when I took delivery.

Their gift to me was a pair of key rings to go with my two keys - one 3 series ring and one BMW logo ring. Sadly I'd already bought the 3 series keyring on the day I ordered my car originally as a present to myself so if anyone is after a genuine 3 series keyring, I have one going free to a good home.

The delivery process was nothing much to speak of, I'm sure most of you here have been through it before and of course in most cases I knew more about the car than the sales rep did. 40 minutes all told and I was on my way - at about 22kmph as I crawled home through peak hour traffic for over an hour.
Attached Images