RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Hi all,
Is it me or...?
So, the 328iX is great. But while comparing it with my 2011 X3 (which are by the way, VERY similar in terms of interior design, IDrive,...) I find a couple of issues:
1- 328iX 's Climate Control is ALWAYS set ON by default. Is this right? Whenever I turn on the car, the climate is ON regardless of its last status. In my X3 (and all the other cars I've ever had), the rule of climate stated: the climate's status always relects its last status before engine shut off. That means, if I leave the climate on before shutting off the engine, the climate is on next time I turn on the car. If I turn it off before engine shut off, then it shouldn't turn on next time I start the car; should it? this is certainly the case with my X3 and all the other brand cars I've ever owned. Why is this 328iX different?
2- The dual-climate control can not be set to mono-climate. In my X3, I have an "ALL" button that I can select the overall climate control to be synched and unified. It appears that this is not the case in 328iX and I will always have a different climate (left and right). Is this correct?

I appreciate any feedback.
Cheers
In my 335i the climate controls on start up are the same as how I set them when I shut the car off. If your system is always returning to "auto" mode than have the dealer check it out and get it programmed correctly.
When I first tried to use my HVAC for heat it didn't work. The dealer had to reprogram the system so that it then worked correctly.

The temp controls are individual and there isn't a way to sync them, simply adjust them manually at the temp you want.
It's an oversight on BMW's part but it doesn't bother me, it's simple to adjust them.

I never use the "auto" mode as I find it doesn't do what I want it to do as it decides where to direct the air flow and at what air volume.
If you aren't picky about such things, then the "auto" setting works just fine.

As with my previous cars with "auto" HVAC there is only one way to get the system to blow the hottest air continually.
You have to be in manual mode and set the temps to their highest/max level.
With this setting the HVAC will continuously blow very hot air.
Any temp setting below maximum will allow the temp sensor to heat and cool the air flow as the cabin temp approaches the selected temp setting.
For example, if you set the temp to 75 degrees F, as the engine warms the air flow will also continue to get warmer. As the cabin, or sensor location, approaches the preset temp the system will turn down the temp of the flowing air so that the selected temp is attained and the maintained.
If you want continuous hottest air possible, then set the temps to their maximum heat temp setting.

I find that setting useful for me as I like to have an occasional cigarette even when it's very cold outside. When I smoke I always have the drivers window and rear window cracked open. So as you can imagine it can start getting very cold inside. I set temp to maximum and air flow to maximum, put the air flow only at my feet and dash and I get continuous hot air that doesn't decrease when the sensor thinks its ok to do so.

The center vent has a horizontal control that goes from red to blue. This is a "mix" control that allows you to add in some colder outside air to the dash vents. So, if you want hot air on your feet but want/need cooler air blowing towards your face, then adjust the dial towards blue and that will blend in some cooler outside air. This will give you a cooler air flow at the dash while maintaining hotter air flow at your feet and/or towards the windshield.
If you want the warmest/hottest air flow then make sure the dial is fully turned to the red side.

If you need to melt snow and/or ice from the exterior of your windshield, the quickest way to do that is to use the automated defrost button. There is an icon on the HVAC controls showing air flow towards the windshield. Press that button and the system will adjust for maximum air flow and temp towards the windshield and side windows.
The other icon that shows air flow towards a window is for the rear defrost, which uses electric heater coils embedded in the rear view window. It works independently of the HVAC controls.
Appreciate 0