jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjames
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
Cadillac, IMO, has been doing it (sporty sedans) right since the CTS-V.
They are different, but certainly fun cars to drive.

If I weren't buying a BMW, I'd probably go for the ATS or CTS.
Could be.

But the point is that there is a BMW, therefore you're not buying a Cadillac. This must be the 15th thread on the ATS subject, and they all end the same way. No BMW is buying one. In fact, if you go visit a Cadillac forum, they aren't buying them either.

It's a car with no customers. GM will find that all they did was create a cheaper, smaller Caddy and instead of BMW owners they're getting Buick, Chevrolet, and other Cadillac owners to bite.

GM has shut down the advertising, too. While BMW is going crazy pushing the 3 Series (now that XDrive's are in stock) and Audi, Lexus and the usual suspects are gearing up for the Christmas push, GM has taken all that money they spend on the ATS during the summer and moved it to cheaper cars. It's over.

BJ
I totally agree. I don't care what the reviews and claims are. Nobody is going to cross-shop BMW and Cadillac. GM was dumb to think that they would convert BMW drivers.

I agree that the only people that will be buying this car are present Cadillac owners or those who are tired of Acura or Infiniti. I think Acura is in real trouble IMHO.
Appreciate 0