View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #13
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggity317 View Post
Much like 1bad335, I too use mine in ECO pro mode on the highway where I see the most gains in mpg. In the city with stop and go traffic, the engine start/stop shuddering is too annoying and to accelerate quick enough to feel i'm not driving a Civic, negates any benefit of the feature (for me anyway).

But I've gotten as high as 40mpg in ECO pro on the highway. I use the cruise control to maintain and adjust my speed. I've been very impressed.
Except Eco pro's greatest benefits come in city driving.
ON the highway there isn't much that it does other than alter the AC compressor's level of operation, and slows throttle response. If you're the type of driver who's always on the throttle like an on/off switch, then it might help a bit.
Other than that I don't see what it can actually do on long highway drives, as there isn't anything different in Eco as there would be in comfort.
Seeing 40mph as an instant read on the highway, even I've seen that in my 335i Msport when driving at the speed limit with steady throttle, and in comfort mode.
I can achieve that as well in sport mode, but I have to manually shift to 8th gear as sport mode won't get to 8th until at least 100mph.

I tried using it a few times just to see and frankly it did nothing major for my mpg. I did succeed in annoying me with it's sluggish throttle.
As for ASS you can have that in any mode.
Appreciate 0