Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I always wanted to say this and I don't mean to come off in a wrong or rude way (and if I do I apologize), but why do you guys publish these BMW sales figures on a regular basis? Do you guys work for BMW or are you part of their press department? I always thought bimmerpost was a blog/forum/news website for BMW enthusiast which by definition means it's a unanimous site that is not influenced by anyone. There is just way too much "BMW connection" here in the form of these sales figures or a lot of positive PR that just does not sound right. Also, I havent read or seen this anywhere being publicly admitted but if BMW finances you or has control over what goes on here in anyway, it may be a good idea to come out and state it in official capacity.

It'd be great if bimmerpost acted as a gateway/messenger between BMW and rest of the world rather than what it does right now which is sort of a one way street. I dont ever see the site admins of this forum create or support threads that criticize BMW in any way. There is always this "BMW is awesome" motto which isn't right (and yes BMW is awesome, but you have to maintain balance).

To add to that (regarding the point why this doesn't sound right), I have been following this website for several years now and not once I have seen a news article about BMW US sales figure going down and don't tell me they never went down, I know for a fact at least during the 2007-2008 recession they went down and continued to go down several months in a year in 2010-2011. If you guys are going to report sales figures, I guess you should report them when they are down as well.

Valid points. However you must realize that many come here for more than the usual enthusiast related posts. I've been on this site since 2009 and it has grown to become a cetral place where all enthusiasts and those looking for guidance to read whats new and poke around.

It has become a information hub. Sure we can look at autoblog or BMW Press for this info, but this site is convenient and visually appealing.