01-09-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourDoor View Post
I'll add a +1 to the Fuji ecosystem. For years, I traveled with my Nikon dslr with the 24-70 as my primary lens and various tripods. The weight doesn't seam like much on paper but after a full days worth of walking around an unknown city or hiking to landmarks, the gear weight becomes a factor.

Additionally, I've been stopped at multiple places around the world and had to either leave my gear at the security check in or were forced to sneak in photos with my DSLR since there were "No Professional Photos Allowed".

I first picked up a Fui XT1 with the 35mm F1.4. I took that setup to our Asia trip through China, Japan, & Taiwan. I made a conscious effort not to bring too much gear and was happy with the results. The camera is so small and lightweight and inconspicuous. I enjoyed the trip more instead of fiddling around with my gear. The physical dials, although they took a little while to get used to, is something I can't live without now.
I think I will go this route: XT-1 with a 35mm 1.4 or something a little wider. That would be my only setup for traveling and such. A bit out of my price range so I will wait for a good deal. Just got done with holiday expenses so I don't want to drop almost $2k on that setup right now.
Appreciate 0