View Single Post
      01-10-2017, 03:11 PM   #27
FourDoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
I think I will go this route: XT-1 with a 35mm 1.4 or something a little wider. That would be my only setup for traveling and such. A bit out of my price range so I will wait for a good deal. Just got done with holiday expenses so I don't want to drop almost $2k on that setup right now.
Actually as an update, I switched from the XT-1/35mm1.4 to the XT-10/35mm2.0 last year after one of our other trips. My reasoning were:

- The XT-1 and XT-10 have the same image sensor
- I didn't need the water proofing of the XT-1
- I could live with the smaller screen from the viewfinder
- I switched to the 35mm F2.0 to get the silver finish initially just for aesthetics but found the 35mm F2.0 was much faster at grabbing focus in low light than the F1.4. I didn't miss the extra missing stop after finding that the F2.0 was much faster at grabbing focus without hunting as much (which is still a common issue with most mirrorless cameras)

Lastly, as a true walkaround lens I probably would go and get the new 23mm F2.0 now that I've had the 35mm for over a year. Just having that extra field of view at 23mm helps tremendously especially when you're in cramped spaces where you don't have room to take a few steps back to get the right composition.

So for around $1,300, you can get the XT-10 and the new 23mm and have amazing images! Also the XT-20 is supposedly coming out this year so that will drive the prices of the XT-10 down even more like the XT-2 is doing now for the XT-1.
Appreciate 0