View Single Post
      11-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #209
The Economist
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE

Facsinating read, this. I'm not one to be impressed by brands, and I never care to be seen or noticed - I just happen to be addicted to quality and spend my dollars accordingly. In fact, the only brand I have any negative leanings towards is BMW, as evidenced by some of the textbook SDS (short-dick-syndrome) and "I live in my parents' basement" attitudes on display in this thread.

Thankfully for you, reader, I have arrived to set you free from the sadness of the few feeble minds (you know who you are, you turds of misery) who have taken it upon themselves to fan their flames of mediocrity.

I can say this because, despite my overall disdain for the BMW brand, I have purchased an F30. And, I set about to do so with a completely open mind, so I hope you can take what I have to say with the notion that I had some element of impartiality.

I test-drove the competition (all of it, barring the ATS). Then, I drove a 328 and my mind was made up - this was a fantastic vehicle, and I was going to have it. In fact, I loved the aspect of a sophisticated, blown four pot - this, friends, is the future. And then I decided to drive a 335 just for the hell of it. Now, from the perspective of your humble narrarator, the difference was huge - I would say there was a cavernous void in terms of "feel". So I purchased a 335i M-Sport, and am now awaiting delivery.

So, who is it marketed towards? A young man, recently married, two small-mid sized dogs, no kids yet, an automotive enthusiast who believes in quality and utmost discretion, who has an appreciation for excellence and sublime experiences, and who does not compromise on personal pleasures. Most importantly, though, one who does not care what anyone else thinks - you have a 320, 328, 335, M3, whatever? Good for you, then; I just hope you're happy.
Appreciate 0