03-11-2018, 11:53 AM   #33
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobster1983 View Post
After numerous issues/breakdowns with my last 3 BMWs, it's kinda turned me off. Already turned in my wife's X5 and replaced it with a Lexus RX450h after the engine blew (at 25k miles but 7 months out of warranty. My 335 has had more issues than I can count so thinking of a Lexus as well when it comes time. They have awesome build quality. The only thing that turns me off is their horrendous computer/control system.

Also considering a Tesla Model X, but not sure the reliability on those is any better.

Still love driving my BMW, but just feel they are falling behind.
Lexus? Yeesh, no thanks. 2 friends with late model year Lexus, one has an is200T, pretty well loaded and the other an is350. Both of those cars just seem kind of cheap inside compared to my BMW and yeah, the infotainment/tech feels like its 2003 in there.. Guy with the is350 just got a new A4 prestige and loves it. Night and day a nicer car than either Lexus. My friend's is200t is pretty slow and has bizarre ergonomics. Doesn't touch a properly equipped 3 series in my opinion.

As for problems, have you had new or used BMWs? My last 2 have been new, leases and I have had exactly 0 issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhrp View Post
You should really look up the term "lot lizard". I don't think you would find one on a BMW lot. I have seen you use it more than once on this forum, but I don't think that is what you were actually referring to

On the topic of this thread...probably M240i next, or if I want something cushy, a 5 series. Would consider the turbo Mazda6 as well. By then, the kinks in that new motor will have been ironed out.
Hahaha, are you talking about truck stop hookers? Awesome. Yeah, figure I'll get me one of those for about $350 a month and call it day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Toying with the idea of stepping down to a 2 series...M240 or M2.
If I didn't have 2 kids, I would get an m240i in heartbeat. Basically same price as a well optioned 328i and blows it out of the water in every respect except space.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1
Appreciate 0