View Single Post
      03-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #14
tbensous
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterlagosM3 View Post
What makes you say that? My wife and I have had both and I respectively disagree. If anything, the build quality has improved.
Not sure where you are looking at to see improved build quality in the F30 over E90... BMW have done lots of cheap savings in F30 + the car doesn't handle as well...
I've driven several F30 in different configuration... M Sport, Sport Line, Luxury line, and I had the intention to swap my E90 for an F30 and was ready to sign a check. However after test driving it, and being so disappointed I just extended my factory warranty for another 3 years... When you sit in a e90, after the being in the f30, the e90 feels so much more high end, sporty and luxurious... Here is a few items that have regressed on F30 (And I am surprised we don't hear these more ... maybe because it's a BMW forum...)

- Suspension is too soft (even in M Sport)
- Direction is too soft
- Sport seats are uncomfortable and don't hold you as well as in e90
- Rust present under the seats from delivery !
- Lots of cheap hard plastic on the center console between the seats... They could have covered it with a trim... bad savings...
- Door not covered fully with leather like on e90 (Looks like they improved this on 3 GT)
- Flimsy sunroof cover, which looks plasticy and doesn't have anymore the safety option to not leave the roof open..
- Driving position is terrible, and the steering wheel is always hidding part of the dash (and is too big still !)
- Car doesn't feel like a sports sedan anymore.. feels like driving a boat
- Sunblinds covered with cheap plastic instead of nice fabric matching the roof (even in high speced cars, and M sport flavour)
- Design wise the split of the hood with the ugly line, is definitely linked to cost as well... (Don't tell me it's for pedestrian safety, all other cars don't have this ugly design)
- Much more road noise inside
- navigation voice is not clear (difficult to understand especially when the radio/music is on). The voice in e90 was much clearer and music volume was lowered automatically when voice direction are given
- I drive controller in f30 feels plasticky and cheap compared to e90...

Hopefully they will improve some of these in the next model years, or for LCI...
right now I would go to see Audi probably if I was forced to change my car. And that's a shame given that I am more an BMW fan than an Audi one... Basically the F30 has lost everything that was making it special compared to other brands... And it's now even inferior in some aspects... I think it's not a bad looking car in M sport version, but just not enough to make the difference with other brands anymore...

Last edited by tbensous; 03-07-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0