View Single Post
      12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #31
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by elistan View Post
The manual isn't clear on this. Upon re-reading it, however, I'm now leaning towards thinking that yes, you're right, SPORT+ is SPORT plus DTC, meaning the stability program is disabled but traction control is still active. Which is sad, because it'd be great to be able to get power-slides in SPORT+. (Although maybe that's not possible anyway due to the open diff, so power slides aren't possible even in DSC OFF mode, just a whole lot of inside wheel spin?)

I'll amend my above post appropriately.
Not how BMW describe the Sport+ function. DTC is a function within DSC, and is activated in Sport+. Giving more freedom for wheel spin, but DSC is still active to mop up the mistakes.

This is BMW description for the F10. Sure it is the same in the F30.

Quote:
Another button clearly recognisable by a pictogram symbolising the reduction of stability enables the driver to choose the appropriate DSC setting. As an example, he may activate a special traction mode for starting off and driving more easily on loose sand or in deep snow. This is done by DTC Dynamic Traction Control, a special mode of DSC, raising the response thresholds in Driving Stability Control. The DTC function for Driving Stability Control is also activated in the SPORT+ mode, intentionally allowing slight slip on the drive wheels in order to take bends in a controlled power slide.
In the F10 User Manual

Quote:
Activating SPORT+
Press the button repeatedly until SPORT+ appears in the tachometer and the DSC indicator lamp lights up in the instrument cluster.

Indicator/warning lamps
SPORT+ is displayed in the tachometer. The indicator lamp lights up: DTC Dynamic Traction Control is activated.
HighlandPete
Appreciate 0