12-24-2012, 01:11 AM   #1497
zeezz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhk View Post
Thanks for your input.

I think disabling the cold and warm checks won't affect the actual functions of the lights. The car just won't tell you which bulb is out.

TFL_L or R: front LED corona rings L or R
NSW_L or R: front fog lights
FRA_V_L or R: front turn signals
FRA_Z_L or R: most likely mirror turn signals as the setting is set to LED as default
AL_L or R: low beam
FL_L or R: high beam
POL_L or R: are LEDs according to the settings, maybe the parking light strips on the tail lights.

If the above is correct and AL/FL represents low beam/high beam, then BIX is free-up. The following 2 are either rear turn signals or brake lights? but there is also reverse and rear fog lights (maybe in the LCI entries)... hmm... need to do some testing over Christmas.
SML_L or R: not LED
BIX_L or R: not LED

LCI_0: LED
LCI_1: LED
LCI_2: not LED
LCI_3: LED
LCI_4: LED
LCI_5: LED
LCI_6: LED
LCI_7: LED
LCI_8: LED
I tried SML_L but it didn't fix my problem. Basically, the rear turn signals flicker since I changed them to "error free" LEDs... they work fine and are off most of the time, but upon starting the car they flicker very quick for 1 second (I'm assuming this may be the 'cold check') and then flicker every 5 minutes for a split second while the car is on (this may be the 'warm check').

Very odd that we don't have a FRA_H series (like the X3)... I checked both SML and BIX and they already have the warm/cold coding disabled even though they are not LED. Maybe I read that wrong.
Appreciate 0